What is not to love about Tarte? The all-natural products can put your mind at ease. Forget all the pore-clogging, skin-irritating ingredients found in so many cosmetics. Tarte offers high-quality ingredients at a competitive price, on par with most other prestige brand prices.
I’ll admit that it’s one of my favorites. The founder of Tarte is young and vibrant, and I love that she started this line out of her NY apartment because she couldn’t find make-up that’s actually good for your skin. She wanted a natural line, so instead of searching and searching, she provided the solution to millions of women.
Some of their “hero products,” in my own opinion, include:
- LipSurgence lip tints, which come in matte for a richly pigmented, long-wearing pout, and glossy for a more natural, sheer shine. Infused with peppermint, the lip tints feel like a light lip balm, but achieve the staying power of stains. Seems impossible right?
- Amazonian clay 12-hour blush offers long wear and rich, rich color. If you, like me, too often have to work your brush into the blush with rigor and apply layer upon layer to get some visible pigment, then you’ll be happy to know those days are over. This is my favorite brand for blush, even above NARS. Yes, I have used NARS in the shade Orgasm, like 9 million of you, and the color was lovely, but it had to be reapplied throughout the day. Also, try Tarte’s cheek stains, which may look harsh in color by the bottle but actually flaunt stunning, gentle shades and lasting color.
- Lifted eyelid primer — with “Firmitol,” which is clinically proven to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Unfortunately, though this is a day-in-day-out must for me, I don’t have enough wrinkles to be able to notice if it’s truly effective in line-diminishing. But, I will say, this primer allows my shadows to stay put from 7 a.m. through the evening. Yeah, all day. It’s a light, nude shade so it does not affect the hue of shadow.
- Smooth operator tinted moisturizer won me over when I had a guest ask me for a foundation that could cover her skin condition. She was very sweet, but I truly felt sorry for her. I believe it was severe acne, but it’s hard to tell. Her skin was in serious condition though, and I didn’t want to agitate it worse. I tried the smooth operator on her, and I was literally shocked how well it covered, given that it’s a tinted moisturizer! I was sold. It didn’t hide the texture but it covered redness beautifully.
- GIFT SETS!! Tarte has fabulous gifts for the Christmas season. Santa doesn’t know much about cosmetics, so it’s up to us as friends/sisters/mothers/daughters to give the ladies in our lives what they truly desire. The clutch where you can snap your pallette right in is genious, and the LipSurgence kit is a steal — $29 for FIVE lip tints, when normally, $29 could typically only buy you ONE lip tint.
- tipubeo likes this